As long as the safety rules and cautions are followed, and B Strong equipment and guidance app are used and followed, there are no risks associated with B Strong BFR Training beyond those associated with any exercise. Please consult your with your physician before starting any exercise routine, including B Strong BFR Training.
We are unaware of any contraindications, negative side effects or complications from using the B STRONG Training System when performed following the 5 Safety Rules:
- Always place bands in correct locations.
- Never block, or occlude, the flow of blood into the arteries.
- Never lift heavy weights. Use ~20-30% of your 1 rep maximum.
- Never exceed 20 minutes of inflation.
- Always use the B STRONG guidance app.
Of course, if there is an ongoing medical emergency (e.g. heart attack, hypertensive crisis, hypoglycemic reaction, stroke, acute injury, etc.), the individual should postpone the B STRONG Training session and seek medical attention.