Skip to main content
Troubleshooting a Pump Leak
If you feel like your pump is not holding air, please follow the steps below:
- Close the knob on your hand pump tightly all the way by turning it clockwise.
- Fold the rubber hose that is on your hand pump in half and pinch it tightly closed with your fingers so that no air can pass through the hose.
- Pump the hose full to 200-300mmHg.
- Let the needle settle. As the rubber stretches from the pressure, the pressure will go down until it equalizes.
- Make sure the release valve (little metal knob on the left side of the pump) is closed VERY tightly. Sometimes you need to close this tighter than you might think.
- If the pressure is still dropping, then there is probably a leak in the diaphragm inside the pump and you can remove the needle and faceplate, and tighten the diaphragm down and retest.